Setting the context
The content of the PULSAR website is subject to the Quebec government's « Standard sur l’accessibilité des sites Web » (SGQRI 008 2.0). This standard is based on the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 (WCAG 2.0). All Web content (text and navigation, video and audio) must satisfy the compliance requirements of the WCAG 2.0 by respecting:
- All level AA success criteria except 1.2.4 Captions (Live) and 1.2.5 Audio Description (Prerecorded);
- Level AAA success criteria in rules 2.3.2 Three Flashes and 3.1.4 Abbreviations;
- One of these two WCAG 2.0 compliance requirements: Level A 1.2.2 Captions (Prerecorded) or Level AAA 1.2.6 Sign Language (Prerecorded), using Quebec Sign Language.
The accessibility of the PULSAR website has been evaluated by the company Ciao to ensure compliance with SGQRI 008 2.0 and WCAG 2.0 Level AA standards. The PULSAR team continues to work on accessibility improvements on an ongoing basis to ensure that these standards are met or exceeded.
This site has been tested with the following technologies:
- NVDA 2022.1 and Chrome 106
- Accessibility Insights for Web
- Colour Constrast Analyser
- Axe Dev Tools
- Web Developer
Here is a list of icons found on the PULSAR website for ease of navigation.
|Link opening in new window|
|Opening of the text box|
|Navigation to the right|
|Sharing content via email or social media|
|Playing a video|
Help and Feedback
If you are experiencing difficulties or have comments or questions about the accessibility of the PULSAR website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or through the Contact us page.